Homes: Salt Lake City, Utah (hometown), Oregon, Peru and now Colorado
Education: 6 different elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 high school (go Highland Rams!), the University of Utah (Early Childhood Educ.- Go Utes!)
Family: 1 husband, 5 kids (all grown), 2 grandkids (for now), 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 hamsters (for now) and a bird hotel in the tree in the front yard.
Jobs: Preschool teacher, bilingual elementary school teacher, piano teacher, professional french-fry eater, children’s author (and best of all… mom!)
Hobbies: Reading, hiking, playing the piano, eating chocolate, eating chocolate and eating chocolate.
Greatest accomplishment: Have my own “Reserved” shelf at the library (because I request so many picture books).
Colors: Blue and green
Sound: Ocean waves
Critters: Turkeys (of course), llamas, alpacas, sloths, hedgehogs, foxes, moose, owlets, ladybugs, frogs, sea turtles, jellyfish, seahorses, squids, baby anything… never mind… there’s too many.
- Children’s Choice Award (Just One More, 2003 and Turkey Trouble, 2010)
- YABC – (one of the) Ten Best Picture Books of 2012 (Turkey Claus)
- Edpress Award for Excellence in Children’s Magazine Fiction
- International Reading Association’s Paul A. Witty Short Story Award
- (1st Place) Highlights Humorous Fiction Contest
- (1st Place) Children’s Writer Early Reader Contest
- And others
Other Writing: Emergent readers, magazine articles, puzzles, goofy poetry, educational materials and sticky note memos galore!